Taking a Break
Every time I think of taking a break, I ended up blogging more than usual. Yesterday was the proof. School will start in two weeks and I am very excited. Next Tuesday I will be taking a full day workup learning InDesign. The workshop is free and will be taught by two graphic design students. I peaked at their work and very impress. Hope I can learn something from them. I never thought that I would InDesign, but I better get myself prepared since I am going to learn about graphic design.
My goal before attending school is to focus on getting my freelance project finish and catching up on readings. The freelance gig is coming along well. I am very excited and can’t wait to share it with everyone. My list just keep getting longer and longer, but here’s are the books that I hope get through:
- The Design of Everyday Things by Donald A. Norman: This is recommended read for my seminar class.
- Inventing the Medium: Principles of Interaction Design as a Cultural Practice by Janet H. Murray: This is a required reading for the seminar class.
- Net Work: Ethics and Values in Web Design by Helen Kennedy: I picked this one up at Mason Library. Didn’t realize it costs $95. Wow.
- Active Literature: Jan Tschichold and New Typography by Christopher Burke
- The New Typography (Weimar and Now: German Cultural Criticism) by Jan Tschichold
- Anatomy of a Typeface by Anatomy of a Typeface (94) by Alexander Lawson
- Bibliographic: 100 Classic Graphic Design Books by Jason Godfrey.
I still haven’t gotten a response from my professor for the books I need for the Advanced Typography class. Well, hope you all are having a great summer. Enjoy it while you can.