While Mr. Điệp fixing our HVAC unit, I sought out his advice on setting the thermostat before leaving for vacation. He recommended setting the temperature to about 67 degrees. Then he also gave me some tips on preventing a water disaster.
Steps to Shut Off the Water
- Turn off the the water heater power
- Shut off the main water valve
- Turn on the furthest sink faucets (both hot and cold until all the water drained out then turn them off
Steps to Turn the Water Back On
- Turn on the furthest faucets (both hot and cold pipes)
- Flush all the toilets
- Turn on the main valve half way slowly
- Turn the water heater valve and power back on
If the HVAC unit broke down while we were away, we wouldn’t come back to a swimming pool. When return, we can prevent the disaster even if the pipes busted by shutting off the main valve again. I’ll definitely take his advice whenever we go out of town.