My Shoe Size
I have discovered that I have been wearing the wrong shoe size all my life. Since I preferred to have some room in my toes, I had always pick size 8 (US), but my actual size is 6.5 (US). Now that I am used to skating shoes, my regular shoes feel weird. A few weeks ago, I bought a new pair of Adidas running shoes size 7 to replace my size-8 pair. Even then it still feels roomy. Recently, I took an audit of all my shoes and here are what I have found:
- Adidas Running Shoes: 7 (US). The actual size should be 6.5
- Flying Eagle Aggressive Skates: 39 – 40 (EU). This pair fits perfect.
- Rollerblade Zetrablade: 8 (US). This pair is way too big for me. I only use it to skate on bike trails or boardwalk.
- Bauer S29 Hockey Skates: 5.5D (US). This is a junior pair. It felt tight on me. I haven’t skated in it ever since I switched to my figure skates.
- Jackson Ultima Ice Skates Freestyle Fusion: 6.5 (US), 39.5 (EU). This pair fits really well. I still wear this for ice skating.
- Lance RX 120 Ski Boots: 25.5 (Mondo). I just bought this pair. It is brand new and I have not used it yet.
- YF YouFu 110mm Three-Wheel Inline Skates: 7 (men), 25 cm
- Head XENON Xi 5.0 (2008): 149 cm. I love this pair. Despite its used condition, it took me from green all the way up to double black diamond last season.
- K2 Apache Sabre 2008 (119-72-103): 153 cm. I also bought this one used. Will see how it will perform next season.
- Burton White Collection (2008): 143 cm
Protective gears are very important for safety. I love these sports, but I can’t effort to take the risk.
- Helmet: 22″ – 23″ (56 – 58 cm)
- Wrist: 7″ – 8″
- Knee: 14″ – 16″
- Elbow: 10″ – 11″
I will purchase these when the prices are right.
187 KILLER PADS
- USD Aeon Aggressive Skates