We wrapped up the railings today. Although the Fiberon’s ArmorGuard rail kit made the installation easy, I couldn’t have done it without my wife. She did all the measuring to make sure I didn’t mess up. We worked together to and got the job done. I am happy with the result.
We will be tackling the stairs next. I am not sure what to do yet. I am trying to keep it to only three steps so that we don’t have to include the handrail. I also wanted to make the stairs wider than the original and now I realized that I to have have four stringers instead of two. The original stairs didn’t even have a foundation or footing. It seems to be a bit more challenging than I thought.
Once the stairs are done, we just need to add some finished details including the trim board and the post caps. I hope to wrap up this project in the next few days or the end of this week the latest.